Events and Things to Do
Exploration Station Is In Full Swing
The Exploration Station’s hours are Saturday hours are from 10:00 – 12:00 and Sunday the hours are 1:30 – 3:30. The Exploration Station is open on most school holidays from 10:00 – 12:00.
The December topic is “Plant Defenses.” From sticky sap to prickly thorns, plants have developed many ways of protecting themselves against unwanted predators. Learn more about the different ways plants have evolved to outwit those that will harm them.
Hope to see you there.
Join us on Friday, January 16th for “Plant Play.”
Toddler Exploration Time (TET) is the third Friday of every month September – October and January – May. Beginning Friday, September 19th there will be two sessions of TET. The topic for each is the same but presented at different levels.
Session one is from 10:30 – 11:15 for children ages 18 month – 35 months and session 2 from 12:15 – 1:00 for children 3 – 5 years. Each session is limited to 15 children plus caregivers.
Below is more information about the November topic “Animals in Your Backyard.”
- Anybody Home? by Marianne Berkes
- Those Darn Squirrels by Adam Rubin
- The Busy Little Squirrel by Nancy Tafuri
- Nuts to You! by Lois Ehlert
- There’s an Opossum in My Yard by Gary Bogue
- The Raccoon Next Door by Gary Bogue
- A Perfect Home for a Family by David Harrison
- Frederick by Leo Lionni
- Living Things in My Backyard by Bobbie Kalman
- In My Backyard by Valerie Glogas
- City Animals: I Know That by Claire Llewellyn
- Watch Me Grow: Little Raccoon Learns to Share
- Backyard Wildlife
- My First Animal Library
And a website to explore:
Fun for all!
Look at the Wonderful FOPCON Video
The Parks Foundation produced an excellent video about FOPCON. It is on their website as well as ours. Take a look here:
Bravo to the Parks Foundation!